Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Staff Rant

3 posters

Go down

Security Staff Rant Empty Security Staff Rant

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm not even pissed off, Im just offended. Here's the letter im sending to every newspaper in my town tomorrow. Gonna ring the management tomorrow and ask for an explanation as well. Like I say, if i'd been drinking today i wouldnt mind. Im sick of their attitudes.

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to you to express my discontent about an incident which occurred at the Dail Bar on February 23rd. I am a 22 year old masters of journalism student in NUI Galway. On the evening of this date, I was required to go to an award ceremony in the Westwood Hotel to report on the evening for an assignment. Once the awards had been given I left the Hotel to meet a group of friends who were at the Dail Bar.

I got a taxi into town and walked to the door where a member of security staff, who was on the phone, put out a hand to stop me. I waited, taking my ID from my wallet, until the man was off the phone. I presented my ID but without looking at it, the bouncer said “Not tonight.” As I have previously outlined, I came directly from the Hotel in which I was reporting and as such, did not have any alcohol at any stage during the day.

I then asked why I was being denied entry. I was dismissed with “Just not tonight man alright?” This, simply put, is not a reason, and as such I looked for clarification on the matter. I was then told “It’s too busy tonight, its RAG week, its too busy.” During the entire time I was outside – including the time the bouncer was on the phone – I was the only person to seek admittance.

I then asked a third time, to make it clear that I was not under the influence of alcohol and got the same answer. I then proceeded to call my friends who were inside and stood outside the door of the bar to wait for them.

During this time, 5 people left the bar, however the bouncer ignored me despite the fact that the bar was now less busy. When asked, some of those inside revealed that the upstairs of the establishment was not open, and that there was a table free downstairs.

This particular member of security staff displayed a terrible attitude towards me. If the reasoning had been my intoxication or appearance I would not have a problem. It is a bad sign for our society that a 22 year old student, on the first night of RAG week is offended about a lack of manners.

A final point is that I then went to the Cellar Bar. There was a queue outside indicated that it was clearly busy. The security staff checked my ID thoroughly and allowed me access. This was done in a polite and professional way.

I am aware that many students will cause problems for staff across the town during RAG week, however this does not excuse the disdainful attitude of the bouncer in question.

Sincerely,

Alan Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Security Staff Rant Empty Re: Security Staff Rant

Post by caroline Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm

what exactly is RAG week?
caroline
caroline
FREAK!!
FREAK!!

Female
Number of posts : 2980
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent A Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 pm

yes please tell us. although you do sound very VERY professional in this letter. and i do think you explained it very well... coming from a drunk Very Happy jaykay.

Agent A
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2007-03-21

http://www.myspace.com/adolescentxgossip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 am

Raise A Grand week. Both colleges in the town do it. Used to be that everyone would do lots of fun stuff for charity (bungee jumps, dressing up like a loon, shaving/waxing/fire walks/mental stuff) during the day, then party each night for a week solid. Except somewhere along the way the partying took over and 20,000 out of 25,000 students take to the streets in a drunken mess for a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent A Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 am

haha oh wow. that's awesome.

Agent A
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2007-03-21

http://www.myspace.com/adolescentxgossip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:13 am

Ive been trying to ring the pub all day, guess they arent open yet

Back to top Go down

Post by its always the quiet ones Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am

fuck that guy. that would piss me off too. i hope your letter gets published
its always the quiet ones
its always the quiet ones
FREAK!!
FREAK!!

Male
Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by caroline Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:40 pm

ah, i understand. i hope everything gets cleared up for you, that man was a jerk.
caroline
caroline
FREAK!!
FREAK!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Wasn't published, might mail the letter to the bar. For no other reason but to get it outta my system.

Back to top Go down

Post by caroline Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 pm

get that guard fired~
caroline
caroline
FREAK!!
FREAK!!

Female

Back to top Go down